Monday, February 4, 2008

Our new Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson

"Thomas S. Monson is the new president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it was announced today at a news conference in the Church Office Building. President Monson, 80, succeeds President Gordon B. Hinckley, who died 27 January 2008.
The new world leader of the Church has called to serve with him in the First Presidency, the top governing body of the 13-million-member faith, President Henry B. Eyring, 74, first counselor, and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 67, second counselor. "
I can't say this was unexpected but a thrill nonetheless. I have a great love for President Monson and the wonderful things he has done for the world. I remember so many of the touching stories President Monson has shared with us over the years. He, like President Hinckley, has been in the first presidency since I have been a member of the church. I look forward to seeing the great work he will continue to do on the Earth as part of his duty to our Heavenly Father. We love you President Monson!

1 comments:

The Elmers said...

I love him too, and I LOVE Dieter, so I'm really excited about that! yeah, I'm bummed we missed it too, I didn't know that was taking place...I'm so out of the loop:( And Yes!! We are still in the same ward woohoo! But Megan is not :( I am sooo sad about that, so now I feel like I've lost my other half haha! So I really need to get involved with all the fun ward activities, especially since Brad will be at work all the time for now!