Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I don't mean to brag but.....

....my house is messier than yours!!
So my friend Keri posted pictures of the mess she woke up to on Monday morning. She's having a contest of the messiest house I guess. Well, I'm entering the contest Keri! My kids have been sick for weeks, Mason has missed his fifth day of school in two weeks. When he's sick he whines for me to cuddle with him every 5 minutes. There is no house cleaning for me. I had to take him to the docter at 5pm yesterday so Dave brought pizza home for dinner since I was gone. We tried to pick up his prescription at Target after the DR. and they never got it so we left. When I got home Dave left for Young Mens and I inhaled some cold pizza and began our nightly routine of bath, books, and bedtime. I didn't come back downstairs until 9pm where I saw the huge mess. Dave had returned from his activity and was playing video games on the Playstation. I plopped down next to him, exhausted and we just had our first conversation of the evening. The mess went untouched.
When I came down this morning and remembered the huge mess I just wanted to cry. Then I thought of Keri's contest.... I could turn this mess into a winning entry! Well, maybe I'm not the only mom that deals with this on a daily basis, but you can't win unless you enter, right! So what can I win??? A 7 day cruise to Mexico? A romantic weekend in Carmel? A shopping spree to the Galleria? I'm guessing not, but recognition would be fine I suppose.
I will say, the mess already looks 10 times better. When I'm motivated I can clean quickly, but this is still where it all began. Maybe I'll post "after" pictures later if I get it lookin' really good! Thank you to all for the feelings of sympathy and pity, they are totally deserved!

7 comments:

April said...

Okay, I think that you totally win the contest!! :) You are just an awesome mom! Those boys are so lucky to have a great mother like you! Check out my blog because I posted a fun poem that will make you laugh. I think husbands would get a kick out of it too!

Ashley Clark said...

Cute post. You might have a messy house, but it's a gorgeous house, right? You're better than I would have been. I would have lost it if I seen Doug playing video games and not cleaning up. You win the better wife contest for sure!

Julie said...

Those pictures made me hyperventilate! I seriously wouldn't be able to even sleep if I knew that a mess was waiting for me downstairs. But I'm crazy like that so what do you expect! Anyways, I'm glad you've embraced the messy and are proud of it! Good for you!

THE HAGES said...

So I was blog hopping and found you. Totally cute blog and thanks for showing me your messy house. I really thought I was alone. Oh and sick kids are the worst! Good luck with that!
Heidi Hage

. said...

cathi, sorry it has taken me so long to respond! I love the mess! isn't it great to know your not a lone? I hope you guys are all feeling better. We pulled a winner, sorry it was not you, but I can't afford the cruises or the spa anyway. Have a great day!

Tierra Lowry said...

Hey, I feel for you and having sick kids. That is not a fun experience. I have a mess like that, it seems, every day. Sucks when you can't have a clean house all the time. We all understand though. We have been there (or are there) with our messy houses. It's a never ending battle.

Laura said...

Oh honey, I could beat that just about any time, and I only have 2 messy boys. Baby and hubby. Unfortunately the hubby is the messier one.... Agh!