Friday, February 29, 2008

A disclaimer: Just to clarify....



...my last post was a contest entry and by no means my way of sharing how I live on a regular basis. This was an isolated incident and not something I would normally share with the world. I'm not the best housekeeper out there (hey I've got 4 little piggies) but I don't function well in that much chaos. I appreciate the words of sympathy and encouragement, but please don't think less of me because my house looked like this once. I have actually been working really hard to keep my counters clean everyday, my floors picked up and table all clear. Life can be really crazy with 4 boys, especially one's that rarely if ever help clean up. I promise my house will never be perfect, I just don't have the time or desire to neglect my kids that much. But I'm definately trying to keep it tidy and manageable.

9 comments:

Tiffani said...

Just looking at the pictures has a different effect on the body. One evokes stress and a sense of being overwhelmed and the other says, "aahhh". Great work, you are a good housekeeper becasue that's the house we know and love!

Julie said...

Aaaaahhh...much better. That's how I remember your house looking! : )

Laura said...

Your house is adorable! Cute decorating!

. said...

LOL! it looks great. Mine does as well. It's funny how your messy house gave others anxioty. I just can't obsess over my house too much or I will go crazy trying to get EVERYTHING done that is on my daily to do list. Anyway. your decorating is beautiful!

The Elmers said...

You are too funny Cathi, I love it! You should see my loft/office haha! Do not go in there...wooooh! (Actually, I got a lot of the stacks of paper put away, shredded, etc. the other day :) But anyways, are you putting in new floors?? The brand we have is Shaw. And so far I loooove them! I am shocked that with our 160lb+ great dane and pug, they have yet to scratch our floors! So I definitely recommend them!

The Elmers said...

Oh good, I'm way excited you are my visiting teacher!! I'm going to hold you to my monthly visits ;) jk!

Unknown said...

Even the tidiest people have moments of weakness. You have a very cute and loving house, even when its a mess! You are funny. Anyone with 4 little boyse has my permission to have a messy house every now and then.

April said...

You are so funny! Your house is beautiful! I love the decorating!

Ashlee said...

I prefer the messy picture! It helps me feel like I'm not alone!!!