Friday, December 21, 2007

The Bitter Family 2007


This has been a fun year for us. Busy as always, but not too eventful. Dave continues to work at SMUD as a programmer, enjoying his 6th year. We cannot express what a huge blessing it is to have stable and challenging employment. Dave has been so blessed with his technical-computer-mumbo-jumbo talents regarding computer things. He's had an opportunity to be in a role where he continually works on more and more complex systems and always seems to enjoy it. Ever since he replaced his mountain bike (for his birthday) he's been riding with a group a friends on an almost weekly basis and is loving that as well. Now that it's too cold to ride, he's taken up the fake drums with his new "Rock Band" game. Dave and his friends formed their own virtual band (the "8 Ball Bearings") and they periodically tour the virtual world, entertaining their thousands of virtual fans. Dave is ending his 4th year of teaching the 16/17 year olds in Sunday School. He is so good at relating to those kids. He spends his time with our boys mostly playing video games or building some kind of really intense train track that resembles a rollarcoaster. The boys are so excited when Daddy gets home, he's the fun one. I am the "nurturing"one I guess. I am constantly in a state of learning how to juggle everyones schedules and homework. I now have three of the four kids in school which keeps me in the car alot. I have continued to enjoy some of my previous hobbies as well as developing new ones. I enjoyed a tremendous amount of sewing this year. Everytime I am invited to a baby shower I make the mother a blanket. It is "sew" fun to be creative in that way. I also enjoy photography as some of you already know. I was able to take the family portraits of many friends of ours this fall. Click on the link to my photography blog to see some of the fun I've had capturing fun moments with friends. I don't read much anymore, but I finished off the Harry Potter series with book 7 this summer. I was also introduced to the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyers. So many women in my ward were raving about these "vampire romance" books, I decided to see what the big deal was. I am so obsessed with these books now, it's not healthy. I highly recommend them to anyone! I am currently serving as Assistant Activity Days Leader (the 8-11 year old girls) at church. I spent a lot of this year running (on the treadmill). I began in February and began to really enjoy it and actually look forward to running everyday.
We have been so blessed this year. We are amazed at how blessed we are to have such wonderful, healthy children. They make us very happy (most of the time). We are so grateful to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. We have a fabulous ward family and a home to call our own. We have food on our table and clothes on our backs. We know we have so much to be grateful for. We hope all of you will have a very Merry Christmas and an exciting new year!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

Adorable family pictures! Glad to hear what you're all up to and that you're doing so well!

Tiffani said...

I'll have to echo what Ashley said, I love your family photo. I hope that your family had a fun holiday in Arizona and that the long car ride was bearable. I also enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about your family. Running, reading and Rock Band are all things that we have in common.

Unknown said...

I have also been "bit" by the Twilight series. I am currently reading Eclipse and i spend way too much time doing so. Silly books! Do you think that its maybe an escape back to our teenage years? Let me know what you think. :)