Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My much needed Vacation!!

Wendi and I have been best friends since we were 14 yrs. old. We have been though a lot together and always been there for each other.

We decided we needed a break from life for a couple days and why not do it together!


This is where we went...


This is where we stayed... (FIVE STAR, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!)


We ate here....


and we ate here....


and we both spent a lot of money here....


Some beautiful places we saw along the way....

It was actually snowing the day I got there (the 24th) .....

and continued to be cold until the day I left (27th).


We also ate here twice, the Red Rock Cafe....


I'd never been through the Salt Lake Temple so we went through just hours after I got off the plane....


We had so much fun, from start to finish! Wendi, like I do, appreciates great food so needless to say we ate alot! We also stayed up very late watching chick-flicks and reminiscing about old times. We plan to get together like this once a year now, but we'll see if life permits us.



14 comments:

Tierra Lowry said...

It's so much fun to get together with a best friend. I'm glad you had a blast. Welcome back!

Tiffani said...

You look like you had so much fun on your trip! The barnyard you went to was it in Midway? If so, I've been there and it is neat.

. said...

how fun to get together with an old friend for a while. It sounds like you had a blast and hot some great pics!

Carrie said...

WOW! what a fun break. It sounds like you both had a great time. You both look so beautiful!

Misty said...

You guys are so cute - it is so amazing that after all these years you are still so close. How special!

Julie said...

How fun. I am glad you got to go do that! I think I am ready for something like that right about now. I think we need to get together and do that sometime. Oh if only we had a never ending income and a nanny to take care of the kids!

Ashley Clark said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'll have to start doing this with my best friend. By the way, what is there to buy in the white barn? You have peaked my interest!

The Elmers said...

Good for you! HOw fun!! We drove through there and stayed for the day with the Fears a while ago and it was really fun! (tons of bees and I of course got stung though :( But that place is sooo beautiful! Glad you got a break that I'm sure you definitley deserved!!

Julie said...

What a nice vacation! I LOVE the Summit Watch! My parents have a time share there and its really super fun! I'm glad you had a nice time!

HeatherM said...

Hi It was so great to see you & Wendi! You guys like great!! Sounds like a good idea & so fun. Tell me how long it took you to figure out who this is!?!
ps super cute fam

Teneil said...

I'm so jealous of your "girls get-away!" Chick flicks and good food sounds like heaven to me. By the way, happy belated birthday!

Jen said...

So fun!
You 2 look great & I'm so glad you took time out for yourselves!!

Kristin said...

That really looked fun! Im going to have to remember to do that sometime! I have never really thought about taking off for a few days with a girlfriend or sister! Looks like you had a blast!

colin and brooke thompson said...

so fun! I love seeing mom's taking care of themselves!