Monday, July 14, 2008

The Ballards Rad 80's Party!


This was seriously one of the funnest parties! Just seeing everyone dressed in their best 80's clothes was fun. The Ballards are moving this week to LA for Annie to go to film school at USC. They wanted to go out with a RAD bang! I'm so sad they're moving, they are soooo fun to hang with. They went all out for the party: hiring a couple hot bartenders, and a DJ to keep the 80's tracks rolling.

Dave and I had to go to the Goodwill to get some 80's inspiration. Dave ended up with a Marty McFly style "life preserver" vest, so he went as the 80's Back to the Future star. I just did my best to hide the prego belly under a huge (3XL) cut up sweatshirt, off the shoulder of course. Add some nasty leggings and fingerless gloves, an obnoxious hairbow, too much makeup and I'm an 80's rock star wannabe! The party had a few hairband members (Matt & Corey), some preppys (Mark & Ben), one hot Olivia Newton-John (Rachel), a few bodacious Prom Queens (Tiffani, Amy, & Emily), a Valley girl crew (Tiffany, me, Annie, Keri, Stephanie, Mrs. Macy...)... and more! All the 80's reminiscing made me want to rent all the old John Hughes movies I grew up on: Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Some Kind of Wonderful, Better off Dead.... I think I'll have to have an 80's movie night....! Wanna come?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a great idea for a party. Love that 80s hair. Hey congrats on the bun in the oven. Wow. 5 boys. What doesnt kill you will only make you stronger!! May the force be with you. :)

Tiffani said...

You took some awesome pictures and it is always fun to see people out of their element. I'll watch sixteen candles with you...

Kathryn Lowry said...

I knew you were pregnant. Congrats. Boy am I out of the loop. How far along are you?
The party looks like it was a blast. Annie was always fun. Too bad she's leaving.

The Elmers said...

OH man!!!! I am sooo jealous that I didn't go!!!!! Looks like everyone had fun and dressed up so cute!! Let me know if you do an 80's movie night...

. said...

HMMMM! I was sure that I went to that party! but I don't see any evidence???????? no pics of us:(
Anyway it was a total blast. we are going to miss the ballards!

Cathi said...

Keri- Sooooo sorry! When I gave the pics to Annie I told her I felt so bad there were a few people I didn't get any pics of. I think you guys weren't in the room when I was taking pics! Where was YOUR camera????? :)

Tierra Lowry said...

So, the one comment by Kathryn Lowry is actually me. Sorry, I didn't realize I was in under her name.
By-the-way, I knew you were pregnant when you did my brother's wedding. Just something about you.

. said...

I know! I am just so lame cause I don't want to haul the "beast" around (that is now my new pet name for it). My smaller camera broke!
anyway, I was just TEASING! it's so hard to take pics of EVERYONE besides it was total craziness, and I know Annie took some so I will have to get them from her
I am just so sad I didn't even take any of our outfits before we left the house! but anyway...

I am putting together a "fun" photoshoot with some models for photographers around here in August after we move so I will for sure let you know when,,,if you feel up to it :)

colin and brooke thompson said...

What a blast! You Lincoln crew are always coming up with something fun! Congrats on #5! We're expecting #3. What's your due date?